facebook  insta  twitter


The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) was conceptualized and enacted as an Act in the Parliament in September 2005 to give a statutory backing to the scheme. The objective of the Act is to enhance the livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work. The primary objective of the Scheme is to augment the wage employment and the auxiliary objective is to strengthen natural resource management through works that address causes of chronic poverty like drought, deforestation, soil erosion, etc., and thus encourage sustainable development.

The implementation of the scheme envisages a collaborative partnership of the Central and State Governments and of the Panchayati Raj Institutions. The Central Government bears 90% of the cost for providing employment under this programme whereas the rest 10% is borne by the State.

The implementation of the scheme is closely monitored at both State and District level. The D.M. & Collector acts as District Programme Coordinator who is assisted by the B.D.O. at block level as Programme Officer.

The programme is being implemented in the State as the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Tripura (NREGS Tripura). The State Government has framed the Tripura Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, 2006 (TREGS, 2006) and the Tripura Rural Employment Guarantee Rules, 2006 (TREGR, 2006) in accordance to that of NREG Act.

Important Links

Progress of Person-days genaration(link is external)

Position of Tripura in generating Average Person Days(link is external)

Status of Average Person Days generated(link is external)

Status of Labour Material Ratio(link is external)

Finacial Expenditure Progress report(link is external)

Year wise position of work Completion Rate(link is external)

Status of Aadhar seeding(link is external)

Status of expenditure incured through Aadhar Payment Bridge (APB)(link is external)

Status of Bank accounts linkage wth Aadhar(link is external)

Status of Convergent Projects taken under Convergence(link is external)